morpheus2n
rank 1
Posted:
Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:23 pm
quote : #1
profile : pm
Type: PAL
Sorry if this is in the wrong place!!

Ok i finally got round to getting a new DC (mine had a dissagrement with my kids) anyways I got tons of games with it (all retail yay) and wanted to get the thing online, I know theres not meany games that work but there are still some!!!
Anyways I have windows 7 x64 no mondem in the PC and am in the UK, so I wanted to know what modem was best for the PC and is it pos with windows 7??
Or is my best bet to save up and get a BB adaptor from ebay at some point!!!!

jjc5150
rank 11
Posted:
Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:59 pm
quote : #2
Type: NTSC-U/C
HI, honestly, your best bet is to either get a BBA, or pay for a dialup service for your DC. You MAY be able to find a free dialup service in your area as well but they are not always 100% reliable.

The ONLY 100% Guaranteed way to get a pc-dc server going is on a machine with windows 98 or me, and you need a voice compatible modem.

Read the guide here on our site for all of the info that you need,...... best of luck!
Jabber ID: JJC5150@jabber.org
morpheus2n
rank 1
Posted:
Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:24 pm
quote : #3
Type: PAL
Ok cool thanks for letting me know

Favrenation
rank 9
Posted:
Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:46 pm
quote : #4
Type: NTSC-U/C
Brourke got it to work with a virtual machine in windows 7. It uses the linux guide on vmware: http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2427 Read the linux intructions first and to make sure you know what you are getting into. Also if you use a Linux PC-DC server you can see the quake 3 masterlist 100 percent of the time. That must mean it is a port issue with windows. The linux guide is definably the best way to go if you can get your modem driver to work even the newest version of ubuntu works with the guide and you dont have to use winroute.